Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

The Unreleased London Photos

    It's been almost a year I left London and what a period it has been. As much as I'm reeling of not being able to visit my favorite highstreet stores at Oxford Street and taking my photos in the fitting room on frequent basis anymore, yet being home is nothing I can replace with. There's nothing in this world could equal the feeling of being on the soil where you grew up to. The people, the weather, the food, the ambience - it's all perfect here.

    One thing that made me wanna leave London is all due to the mad world that's going on all around me. From the weather that's suddenly is not forgiving, the transportation system that's getting frantic day by day,  the type of people who are always scrutinizing me all the time, to the condition of my bedsit which is getting worse as time goes by. When I said worse - I think I really can tick in my own book of history that I'm been able to put up with living in a tiny 8-feet x 14-feet bedroom with everything inside as compared to my current 4-bedroom home.

    The kitchenette, the sink, the shoe boxes that's scattered all over and the clothes that is suddenly can't fit into my wardrobe anymore; my life in London is all manic! Not to mention that I have to live with Coco Rocha and the family that is so uncomfortable. Oh, oops... did I just said Coco Rocha? No, no.. not that Coco Rocha the supermodel; but the cockroaches that's been swarming into my bedroom and some other rooms in my old Victorian house at Zone 3 which I dunno where they originated from. (I think calling the roaches as Rocha make it more fasyon don't you think? Lol!). That's when I decided, enough is enough. I really have to take my butt outta the Big Smoke.

    Yet, I have to admit that London is a good place to be though. It might not be a nice place to stay in a long period if you don't really comprehend the British weather, but as a vacation spot-meet-shopping-meet-fashion-meet-sightseeing, London is indeed the best city to visit. You got everything there: the best shopping street, the best highstreet style to ogle to, the best museums that are mostly free to enter, the melting pot of culture for you to take in, and the ambience which is quite different from other European cities which give London it's own unique entity.

    As far as fashion is concern, there're no rules in London. Whatever items of clothing you put onto your body, only you can judge whether it's acceptable or not. You can do chic, or you can do chav. You can do hip hop, or you can do K-pop. You can even go retro classic one day, and do modern cosmic the next day, there's no problem at all. Mix-and-matching from highstreet label with the designer brand on one ensemble is what Londoners are good at.

    If there is one thing I can say about what London has changed me, it's definitely be the way I dressed myself. London made me aware of fashion at-large and the need to look good and presentable despite the size of the wallet. London has indeed taught me how to scavenge for clothes either at highstreet or at high-end stores for the best bargain and quality. London has given me a chance for not to be afraid to experiment with fashion as there’s nothing harm in looking amazing, stylish and being a star in the crowd, even when going for a casual stroll in the park or taking the morning mocha at Costa. It’s all about how you wear the clothes rather than the clothes are wearing you. I think that’s what London is special coz it dares me to change and be outside of my previous comfort zone.

    Another thing that I realized while living in London – I love taking photos of myself. Call it vain, but there’s nothing harm in posing in front of your own camera coz somehow I can judge whether the look is good or not. It’s like having a second opinion about you apart from looking yourself in the mirror instead.

    Btw, these are some unreleased photos of me being silly while I was living in London. I love looking back at those pix coz it bring back all those memories. Be it in my crumbling bedsit, or in my lab and office; in summer, autumn, winter or spring; dressed up or dressed down; out of focus or very sharp - I love the fact that I'm able to document my own life. Different phases, various looks. In photo.

    But one thing that I really miss about London is... my skin color. Now, it's two to three tones darker due to the high UV in here. Yikes!

    the look in spring...
    the pre-fall where the weather start to get chill...
    the casual winter look...
    the pre-spring...
    the summer...
    the off-duty look...
    in mid-summer...
    the fall look...
    i'm not in a gang, it's just my Uniqlo hoodie... that's all. :)